Contributions for various non-classroom items. Instead of asking for Contributions for different items throughout the year, we are instead asking for a SINGLE voluntary contribution at the beginning of the year which will cover all items. Here's what we're asking for in terms of Contributions - a total of $100 (or more, if you wish) for the following:
- $20 for Mid–Year Exhibition Computer History Museum Venue Rental
- $25 for Artist In Residence Program
- $15 for Guest Speakers, Field Trip Costs
- $25 for Exhibition Costs
- $15 for Field Trip Bus Costs - trip on the Tuesday after Labor Day
Total = $100 (or more, if you wish) and your check can be made out to Freestyle Academy (not LAHS or MVHS) and given to Mr. Florendo
Later in the semester, you will receive a letter with the Freestyle Tax ID# and the amount of your contribution for tax write-off purposes.
With your support, many exciting opportunities and learning experiences at Freestyle are possible!
Thank YOU very much!
Freestyle Academy Field Trip info to
de Young Museum
(Updated 8-22-14 at 6 PM)
When: Tuesday after Labor Day in September
Permission forms - download here and print it home - due by Friday before the Labor Day Weekend by the time Mr. Florendo leaves Freestyle at 5:00 PM. Check this list to see if you have submitted the form and paid your $15 (If you made the $100 asking contribution, you do NOT have to submit another check for $15 because the $15 is part of the $100 total). This spreadsheet may not reflect accurate payment record especially if you just recently submitted your contributions.
You will be excused only from Periods 2 - 7. You must attend your Period 0 & 1 class as usual. Attendance will be called into your attendance office once the buses are on the road. Parents do NOT need to call the attendance office to excuse absences due to the field trip.
You will NOT be allowed to go on the field trip if you don't submit a signed permission form by 5:00 PM on Friday. NO FORMS will be accepted on TUESDAY - the day of the field trip.
Before getting on the bus (CHARTER BUSES!!!)
- Optional: Buy a Freestyle T-Shirt (see Mr. Florendo) for $18 and wear it on Tuesday.
- MVHS Students - leave big backpacks in Mr. Greco's English Room because you won't need them in SF. Mr. Greco's room will be unlocked until just before the buses leave. You can bring your backpack if you wish. Mr. Greco's room is an optional storage location.
- LAHS students - find a friend's car to store your backpack if possible.
- You only really need to bring with you $$ for your lunch
- Optional: pillow, music player, headphones, headphone splitters, homework, etc.
- All students are assigned to a bus. The list will be emailed to you on the weekend and posted here during the weekend.
- MVHS STUDENTS - Load buses in front of MVLA District Office on Bryant starting at 9:15 AM
- Buses will leave MVHS at 9:30 AM. If you're late, you will be left behind.
- LAHS STUDENTS - All buses will then go to LAHS Student Parking Lot and load LAHS students at 9:50ish.
You will be emailed an assignment to do while at the museum. Please read the assignment.
At de Young Museum - map
- You can check in your backpack so you don't have to carry it around.
- If you decide to carry your backpack, you MUST wear the backpack on your FRONT so you don't accidentally knock a museum object over.
- NO camera use while in the museum.
- Don't touch the art!
- English/Design Assignment - Juniors | Seniors
- Lunch is on your own. There is the de Young Museum Cafe but there are not that many places nearby to eat, so perhaps bring a lunch.
- By 1:40 PM, please be in front of the Museum for our school photo.
- We'll load buses around 1:50 PM right after taking the photos.
- Buses will leave at 2:00 PM
- All buses will arrive at LAHS around 3:15 for LAHS drop-off
- All buses will arrive at MVHS around 3:30 for MVHS drop-off
- Mr. Greco's room will be opened for backpack retrieval
These photos were taken on the 1st day of school in August 2014. Seniors were asked to pick Junior partners. Can you tell which are the Seniors?